The National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP) in collaboration with United Nations Office on Drugs and Crimes (UNODC) is organising an essay competition on Human Trafficking for Senior Secondary School Students in FCT only.
The Essay competition is in commemoration of the EU Anti-Human Trafficking Day 2016 coming up on the 18th of October, 2016.
Essay Title – ‘’Human Life is Priceless’’.
Essay theme: ‘I am priceless’
Guidelines for Essay Competition
1. Essays must not be longer than 500 words.
2. Essays may be typed in Ms. Word
3. Essays must be written in English, in black ink with font size 12 and double-spaced.
4. Only one entry per student and each entry must be the work of the student.
5. Essay entries must not be already published. The essay must be written exclusively for this contest.
Any essays found to be plagiarized will be automatically disqualified; Handwritten essays are qualified for submission.
Submissions can be made to any of the following points:
1. Online submission: Subject should be marked – EU Anti-Human Trafficking day school essay competition and sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Paper Submission: Hand written essays should be collected by the schools, enveloped and marked EU Anti-Human Trafficking day school essay competition and sent to Deputy Director School Services, FCT Secondary Education Board, Education Secretariat (SUBEB), Area 3 Garki, Abuja.
Applicants must be 10years and above
Applicants must be registered secondary school students from SS1, 2 and 3 classes only.
Essay requirements: The following information must be included on the last page of the essay
Applicants must include their full name, age, name of their school and address of their school;
Applicants must include the name and phone number of their school principal;
Applicants must include the name and phone number of their English teacher;
Prizes to be won
30 best essays will be shortlisted and prizes include:
10 students with best essays will get a Phone Tablet
30 students will get High-school bag packs
20 white boards for the schools that produce the best essays
With other beautiful consolation prizes
Deadline for submission is midnight of Friday October 7, 2016.
Prize presentation will be on Tuesday 18 October 2016 in commemoration of the EU Anti-Human Trafficking Day. Venue will be communicated to the winners and their schools.
Children and wards of unodc and NAPTIP STAFF ARE EXEMPTED FROM THIS COMPETITION.