NAPTIP ORGANOGRAM – MARCH 2021
NAPTIP is one of the agencies under the supervision of the Federal Ministry of Justice. The Act establishes a part time Governing Board which consist of-
i. A Board Chairman who shall be a person with knowledge and experience in matters related to counter-trafficking in persons.
ii. Two representatives of Civil Society Organizations involved in matters relating to trafficking in persons.
iii. A representative from each of the following Institutions or Agencies who shall be within the Directorate cadre-
- Federal Ministry of Justice
- Federal Ministry of Women Affairs
- Federal Ministry of Labour and Productivity
- Nigeria Police Force
- National Intelligence Agency
- Nigeria Immigration Service
- National Planning Commission
- The Director-General, who is also the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Accounting Officer of the Agency shall be the Secretary to the Board.
The Agency performs its functions through 8 Specialized Departments, Units, Regional/Zonal Commands, liaison offices covering the geo-political zones of the country.
- Investigation and Monitoring.
- Legal and Prosecution.
- Counseling & Rehabilitation.
- Public Enlightenment.
- Research and Programmes Development
- Training and Manpower Development.
- Finance and Accounts.
– South South/South East:
– South West:
– North East/North West
- Internal Audit
At present there are 9 Zonal Commands located in Lagos, Benin, Enugu, Uyo, Sokoto, Kano, Maiduguri, Osogbo and Makurdi.
The Agency also has 3 State Commands in Anambra, Bayelsa & Cross River as well as liaison offices in the following states
The Headquarters in Abuja and All the Zonal Commands have transit shelters which were created to cater to the physical and psychological well-being of victims of trafficking.